20 July 07

The Royo Romance (12)

Click here for Part 11.

Letter from Royo Girl:

I can’t believe that it has taken me this long to write you back. It is a seriously ridiculous amount of time. I would make excuses, but at the end of the day, I have been sorely lacking in my mail correspondence with you. My humble apologies, Jon.

In relation to your most recent letter, YOU’RE WELCOME. It was an inconvenience to drive all the way to Gandhi’s and then to prison, but that’s OK because you are a good friend. I am just glad that you really enjoyed the food.


You are the second person to tell me I’m sharp in the last couple of weeks. Ironically, I know that you and this other person both fancy me. I don’t think many others pick up on my dry humour or little comments here and there. At least a few of you enjoy them.

I really don’t hold back from you. I am baffled as to why you think that, given that I tell you more than I tell anyone else. True, I give considered answers, but it is not to conceal the truth. It is merely to articulate my rough thoughts into a communicable sentence.

You are not making a fool of yourself. I take everything you say in the right spirit, so don’t worry about it. I enjoy reading your compliments, and moments of excitedness. And stop viewing your openness with me as weakness. Jeez-o-pete, you are such a man sometimes!

I hope everything is good with you and that your parents and sister are good too. Keep that bald head gleaming. Bye, Jon

Royo Girl

p.s. I sprayed this letter with Ralph by Ralph Lauren.


Email comments to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below

Copyright © 2006-2007 Shaun P. Attwood

No comments: