02 Jan 08

Happy New Year!

I've been in London for three days. My sister, Karen, had a New Year's Eve party at her flat. About twenty people showed up. We watched the fireworks over London, and sipped champagne into the small hours.

On New Year's Day, in an attempt to shake off our hangovers, Karen, her husband and I walked along the Thames Pathway. There wasn't much river to look at, just plenty of mud, moored boats and seagulls. We stopped at The Dove, an old-fashioned pub. The thought of alcohol made me feel ill, so I drank sparkling water.
"My New Year's resolution," Karen said,"is not to drink alcohol for one month. But I don't know if it is possible as the longest I've ever gone before was three days."

I'm returning home on the train tomorrow. I intend to post some prison blogs including an update on most of the inmates I've covered in this blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a lovely one :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jon. Good luck for 2008

tennison16 said...

Happy New Year! It's great hearing about you doing normal things :) though I'm sure you still feel very strange. take care

ad14456456 said...

check out this list, notice that Arizona is conspicuously absent:

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/12/top_10_vegetari.php

Kate said...

The Dove is one of my ultimate favourite pubs... hope you enjoyed, even with the hangover.

Don said...

Happy New year to you too my friend!

D and P