Sheriff Joe Arpaio Tortures Inmates with Endless Xmas Elvis Tunes (by Long Island)

Long Island - Promising young cellmate I taught to trade the financial markets. Released on the 11th of December '05 and rearrested February ’08. Alleged to have committed forgery and hit an officer with a car. He’s writing from Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s Lower Buckeye jail.

Guess what Arpaio is doing to us now and has been doing throughout the month of December? He shut off every TV in every pod and pumped in Elvis Presley’s Christmas music over and over, starting at 6am and ending at 10pm. It’s the same songs over and over and at top volume all day long. It’s absolutely maddening. I feel like I’m at Gitmo getting interrogated by the C.I.A.

Arpaio often claims to have personally arrested Elvis: “My best arrest was Elvis Presley, but I let him go. I took him down to the police station. I guess he conned me out of giving him a ticket. That was in 1957.” Asked if Elvis gave him tickets to his Las Vegas show, Arpaio said, "No, but he gave ten Cadillacs to narcotics detectives around the country, but I never got one."

The website Overthrow Arpaio states that such claims by Arpaio “suggest a serious mental problem.”

Happy New Year Everyone! 

2 comments:

JM said...

As much as some people like Xmas music, this is clearly psychological abuse, a legal way to torture inmates without leaving a bruise.

Will he ever be held accountable for anything he does? The general consensus from most people I talk to is that Joe Arpaio is a good man and those criminals don't deserve anything,not even basic human rights.

knowing this is the attitude of the general public and a good amount of MCSO staff as well, I doubt we will see Joe facing the gavel in real-time any day soon.

At the end of the day, the courts and people of Maricopa have failed itself by not protecting its own people from this thuggery and pillaging.

~Big Jason

Anonymous said...

Arpaio is an idiot, no rehab, no correction, just cruel and revengeful treatment. Would have been right hand man to HITLER given the chance. If this is how we allow "law enforcement" to operate in this country, we should be ashamed as Americans. Send Joe to Gitmo!!

John