From Warrior (Letter 14)

Warrior - Serving 14 years for kidnapping and aggravated assault. Half Hispanic and Scottish-Irish with family still in Mexico. Brought up by a family steeped in drug commerce. He writes some of the best prison-fight stories on the Internet.

I’m almost at my release. I’ve been dealing with my health and helping other men in here. I still have a stomach infection that’s been messing with me for years. Being in severe pain for months without the ability to see a doctor or go to a hospital is scary.

I’m helping a 65 year old who has terminal prostate cancer. It’s spread all over his body. He’s in daily pain and suffering and all Medical will give him is Ibuprofen. Another guy I’m helping has a golf-ball-size tumour on his neck. Medical are telling him, “It’s nothing. It’s just cosmetic.” Who are they kidding? How can they cover up such horror? The indifference is unbelievable.

I’m helping those who can’t help themselves. A lot of men in here can’t read nor write well, let alone understand the technical internal compliance procedures and the remedies available in the legal system. With no attorney, their cases just get dismissed.

Please keep me and all the men in here in your prayers. 


Click here for Warrior's blog about an undiscovered dead body of a prisoner.

Links to more prison stories by Warrior:
Warrior v Big E.
Rapist on the Yard
Bucket of Blood
Central Unit 


Shaun Attwood

3 comments:

Sophie J said...

Yes, I will pray for the men in your jail who are sick and in need of medical attention, I will pray that they get treatment and are treated with kindness and respect. Respect also to you, Warrior, for giving a helping hand to those around you. I hope the stomach infection manages to clear soon, and you get a new lease of life. Hope things go well for you on the out. Sending my good wishes and prayers your way x

Jon said...

Thanks, Sophie. I'm sure Warrior will appreciate that. Between Warrior and Renee's posts, it sounds like things are getting worse than ever in there.

Anonymous said...

I read a lot.My wife tells me I read too much.It can get me down because of all the negative things happening in the world. Warrior's work and outlook makes me feel better knowing that some people are doing good things and helping others. Keep up the good work Warrior, it is inspiring.

~Big Jason